|Assigns an automatically generated individual profile picture for every user|
|Type of extension:||BlueSpice|
|Edition:||BlueSpice free, BlueSpice pro|
|Documentation at MediaWiki.org|
Avatars handles profile images of wiki users. Every user can upload their personal image, or failing that, have automatically generated avatar created.
Usage / Features
This extension adds an option to each user's page to change their profile image. In the footer of the page, under "User settings", users can see their current profile image and link "Change profile picture". Clicking on this link opens a dialog offering several options for setting profile image:
- New image can be uploaded
- Image already uploaded to the wiki, or an image from the web (through URL) can be used
- New avatar can be generated
Some aspects of this extension can be configured on Special:BlueSpicePreferences, under section "Avatars". Here wiki administrators can configure:
- Size of profile images displaying throughout the wiki - in pixels
- Generator used to generated automatic avatars
- InstantAvatar - random, image contains initials of user's name
- Identicon - not random, represent a visual value of a user's IP address
This extension does not require any special rights. User must have "read" permission in order to change their profile image.
Avatars requires BlueSpice Foundation.
Upload must be enabled on the wiki.
For detailed description and usage please visit user manual.