|assigns an automatically generated individual profile picture for every user.|
|Type of extension:||BlueSpice|
|Edition:||BlueSpice free, BlueSpice pro|
|Documentation at MediaWiki.org|
Avatars handles profile images of wiki users. Every user has an automatically generated avatar created or can upload his personal image.
Usage / Features
This extension adds an option to each user's page to change his profile image. In the footer of the page "User settings" users can see their current profile image and the link "Change profile picture". Clicking on this link opens a dialog offering several options for setting a profile image:
- A new image can be uploaded.
- A image has already been uploaded to the wiki, or an image from the web (through URL) can be used.
- A new avatar can be generated.
Some aspects of this extension can be configured on Special:BlueSpicePreferences, under section "Avatars". Here wiki administrators can configure:
- The size of profile images displaying throughout the wiki in pixels.
- The generator used to make automatic avatars.
- InstantAvatar - random, image contains initials of user's name.
- Identicon - not random, represent a visual value of a user's IP address.
This extension does not require any special rights. User must have "read" permission in order to change his profile image.
This extension requires BlueSpiceFoundation.
Upload function must be enabled on the wiki.
For detailed description and usage please visit our user manual.