|full-text search in articles and files, faceted search, fuzzy search, spellchecker and sorting as well as search-as-you-type and auto-complete functionality.|
|Type of extension:||BlueSpice|
|Edition:||BlueSpice free, BlueSpice pro|
|Category:||Search and Navigation|
|Documentation at MediaWiki.org|
ExtendedSearch is able to search for articles and attachments according to both title and content. The first hits are shown as you are typing the search term into the box. If you do not get a suitable hit straight away, the search results can be refined by using facets. BlueSpice has a superior, better organised search function than MediaWiki.
Usage / Features
- Search titles.
- Search the full content.
- Search uploaded or linked files (Office documents and PDFs).
- Search image data.
- Search-as-you-type and auto-complete.
- Ignore upper and lower case (case-insensitive).
- Search with the operators AND, OR, NOT.
- Search with wildcards.
- Search for phrases.
- Fuzzy search.
- Sentence components.
Some aspects of this extension can be configured on Special:BlueSpicePreferences, under section "ExtendedSearch". Here wiki administrators can configure:
- Number of suggestions matching search term.
- Default search method - fulltext or title.
- Location of external directories to index, eg: D:\MyDirectory.
- External URL to index from.
- Number of highlight snippets.
- File extensions to index.
- Types of files/pages to index.
- Number of results on special page.
- Namespaces for "Similar pages".
- Number of facets.
- Various search preferences.
- Solr core instance - name of Solr core holding wiki index.
- Ping time (in seconds).
- Sorl URL - URL to the Solr service - must be accessible to the wiki.
Users are required to have "extendedsearch-viewspecialpage" permission in order to see search result special page.
This extension requires BlueSpiceFoundation.
ExtendedSearch requires an external service - Solr which acts as a backend for the search. To set up this service, software like Tomcat is needed to run Solr.
For detailed description and usage please visit our user manual.