|allows an easy and convenient management of usergroup rights in a graphical interface.|
|Type of extension:||BlueSpice|
|Edition:||BlueSpice free, BlueSpice pro|
|Documentation at MediaWiki.org|
PermissionManager allows an easy and convenient management of usergroup rights. It also allows creating templates of permissions that can be assigned to any group.
Usage / Features
PermissionManager is for managing rights or permissions at a group and namespace level:
- Assignment of permissions to a user group.
- Display of permissions inherited from groups higher in hierarchy.
- Display of permissions blocked by another group.
- Assignment of permissions on a wiki level (applies to all pages in all namespaces) and on per-namespace basis, meaning that a user group can have certain permission in one namespace but still be denied the same permission in another namespace.
- Create permission templates - set of predefined permissions that can be easily assigned to any number of user groups.
Some aspects of this extension can be configured on Special:BlueSpicePreferences, under section "Permission manager". Here wiki administrators can configure:
- Limit of backups extension creates.
- Activate permission check.
Users must have "permissionmanager-viewspecialpage" permission.
For detailed description and usage please visit our user manual.