|provides a box for commenting on an article and starting a conversation about the topics with other users.|
|Type of extension:||BlueSpice|
|Edition:||BlueSpice free, BlueSpice pro|
|Documentation at MediaWiki.org|
Shoutbox provides a box for commenting on an article and starting a conversation about the topics with other users.
Usage / Features
Allows users to post a brief comment on the page that appears right at the bottom of the content section.
Use the shoutbox to comment on articles. Find them underneath the content area.
Some aspects of this extension can be configured on Special:BlueSpicePreferences, under section "Shoutbox". Here wiki administrators can configure:
- Whether users are able to delete their own entries.
- Time between two messages (in seconds).
- Maximum length of a message.
- Number of messages shown.
- Whether shoutbox should be displayed.
- Whether creation date of a message should be shown.
- Whether author of the message should be shown.
Users must have "readshoutbox" permission in order to see other user's posts, "writeshoutbox" to be able to leave comments and "archiveshoutbox" to be able to achive comments.
Shoutbox requires BlueSpiceFoundation.
For detailed description and usage please visit our user manual.