|personal preferences which the user can change at the special page Special:Preferences.|
|Type of extension:||BlueSpice|
|Edition:||BlueSpice free, BlueSpice pro|
|Documentation at MediaWiki.org|
UserPreferences is personal preferences which the user can change at the special page
Usage / Features
- The user-specific settings can be called up via the user menu Settings. The respective adjustment ranges are accessible via tabs. The user-specific BlueSpice settings can be accessed in a separate BlueSpice tab (last position).
- The settings are registered in the individual extensions via BsConfig :: registerVar and must have the BsConfig :: LEVEL_USER for them to be displayed.
- If the parameters are identical, set user settings override the wiki admin settings.
- Presentation and data handling including validation of settings under User-Preferences and WikiAdmin-Preferences are standardized as far as possible, whereby a common abstraction should be used.
- Existing HTML form classes are extended for the different "data types" and own controls are created (eg uniform checkboxes, comboboxes with and without possibility of addition, input forms for strings and numerical types ...).
- The media wiki settings remain untouched for the time being, only the form of presentation should be adapted to the own representation form (eg Checkbox labels left of the checkbox).
- The individual areas (info box, visited pages, ...) should be foldable, collapsed in the ground state. The collapsed state is retained during reloading.
- Settings consist of a localized description and an input area. A long description is currently not provided.
- An image of the user can be included either by path or as a URL.
This extension offers no configurations.
This extension does not require any special rights. Every user can only change their own preferences.
UserPreferences requires BlueSpiceFoundation.
For detailed description and usage please visit our user manual.